16 Weeks DOWN!

9:54 AM Posted In , , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I baaack...but for how long?  Had to reformat the computer but since then I think the internet connection has been a little more reliable.  I did learn something about iPod that I am not thrilled about in the process.  After reformatting and reinstalling iTunes, I learned that all the music on my iPod is basically lost (thanks unidirectional syncing) and I will have to re upload allll my CD's and rename every damn song AGAIN.  It almost makes me want to get an MP3 player instead.  Almost.

I also tried out the Wii this past week.  I am not a fan of the whole nunchuck controller, but I do like the games available.  We played Ghostbusters, Lego Indiana Jones, Ju-On Haunted House Stimulator, Cars, and some Marvel superhero game that was so unimpressive that I forget the title.  I logged most of my time on the Lego game though.

So onto my big experiment of last week...I decided to take a hiatus from Facebook.  I realised at some point last week that it had been a whole month since I spoke to another adult human (besides SO, of course) and that was depressing.  It's just really strange how Facebook and other sites like it, can connect you people just as much as it can disconnect you with them.  I have friends on Facebook that live literally minutes from my doorstep, but our whole relationship still centres around the internet.  Facebook allows friends to pay lip service to eachother by 'liking' and commenting, without actually putting real effort into a friendship.  My goal was to put real effort ino those real life relationships...but it totally backfired.  Apparently, the reason that no real effort goes into those relationships, is because they really aren't great relationships to begin with.  My new goal: fuck my real life relationships.

In other news, today I hit 16 weeks!  Nearly halfway there.  My belly growth has levelled out in the second trimester so far, and I am feeling far too emotional to function normally.  I cry about everything...and about nothing.  I watched American Idol last week and sobbed the entire time.  I did laugh quite a bit as well as usual.  Auditions really are the only part of the season I enjoy.  I am looking forward to an ultrasound in a few weeks.  I was torn on whether or not I was even going to get one, but in the end decided that it would really help my spirits at this point to be excited about something on the shorter term.  I go February 9.

Until next time :)

0 comments:

Contact the Glowing Goddess

glowinggoddess@gmail.com