Domesticated-ish

6:54 AM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »
I am so pleased with myself.

Yesterday I had plans to make my first attempt at homemade bread but that didn't end up happening.  Instead, the kids' and I make up a batch of pizza dough and tomato sauce and make homemade pizza for supper.  despite the 'hot' pepperoni that my other half bought for the 'za,  it was a huge hit.  The dough was delish and the sauce was surprisingly tasty.  (I didn't quite have a recipe for the sauce, so I was winging it) .

It felt good to eat a pizza that wasn't prepared from a freezer or a can....and boy was it gooooooood.

After a dessert of strawberries and bananas in cream,  I sent the kids off to bed and started on my next project....a zucchini loaf.  I've been wanting to try this recipe for a while, and after feeling so proud of my supper victory I decided it was the night to try it.  

Here is the result....




...and can I say it's freaking AMAZING?!  The best part;  My kids ate it without complaining.

Here is the recipe I used.

Ingredients

3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts.

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2.  Sift flour, salt, baking soda baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3.  Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.  Stir in zucchini and chopped nuts into the mixture until well combined.  
4.  Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until center comes clean.  Cool for 20 minutes and remove from pan to completely cool.

1 comments:

Bunc said...

I see you got spammed by the previous comment. Happens to all of us.

The home made bread looks delicious. Ther is nothing that beats the smell of home baking bread - except eating it of course.

Contact the Glowing Goddess

glowinggoddess@gmail.com